Sugar Cookies, Take One

I have an old friend back in California who is an incredible baker. Like, unreal. I always say I want to be just like her when I grow up. (She's only 5 months older than I am, but you can learn a lot in 5 months!)

One thing Ashlee does amazingly well is the sugar cookie. Not only are her cookies the most adorable things I've ever seen, but they are delicious even after a 3,000 mile plane ride in a cardboard box. 

Yeah, I tried to make them too. Mine are not the most adorable thing you've ever seen. Not by far. I'll keep practicing. 


 Please excuse the iPhone photos. 
All cut out and cooled, waiting for royal icing. 

 Forgot a coworker's bday. Note that burned edge of the martini glass and running icing on the wine bottle? Lost a few points on those ones. 


 Mid-decorating for another coworker's housewarming party.

Poached Ashlee's packaging style. 

Hopefully, these will improve as I try to make more of them. Planning a batch to take to New York for Thanksgiving with the boyfriend's family, so I'd better not screw those ones up!

Cheers. 

tt

0 comments:

Post a Comment