Coronado Island Getaway

My sister and her boyfriend live in an adorable little beach house on Coronado Island in San Diego with their two English bulldogs.

I came home to Southern California this week to check on my dad after his recent knee replacement surgery and was able to pop down to see my sister for a couple of days. We did a lot of walking, a little paddle-boarding, and tried some fun bars and restaurants.

I didn't take nearly enough photos, but I do have a handful to share here. Enjoy.

Nicky Rottens is a little burger bar right on the next block with happy hour lasting all day on Mondays. A view of Coronado Bay and a cold beer was the perfect start to my visit. 

 Heading out for a walk along the bay with Gus and a view of the Navy aircraft carriers. 


 The view from my sister's neighborhood. Looking across to mainland San Diego. 

 Petunia taking a break during our walk. 





 These two hang out on the porch and entertain the neighbors daily. 

 We went to Jake's on 6th that night, a cute little wine bar with half-priced bottles on Mondays. This Cab Franc was fantastic. 

The next day, we went paddle-boarding in the bay, walked another 5ish miles, and hit Coronado Brewing Company for lunch. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera to any of this!!

Tuesday night, we went to a lovely little restaurant on the island called Tavern. I had the mussels and a classic margarita with fresh-squeezed lime and agave. It was a pretty little open-air place decorated very rustic-chic, and I just loved it. I hear my sister and her boyfriend even went back again the next night for cocktails! 

Teeny-tiny water glasses at Tavern. 

 Beautiful chandeliers next to brick walls and over wooden floors. 

 Simple, delicious margarita.

Yummy taste of a Scotch Ale. 

Thanks so much for a great visit, Bob and Lark! Can't wait to come back. 

Cheers. 

t

0 comments:

Post a Comment